When asked to build housing for 100 families in Chile ten years ago, Alejandro Aravena looked to an unusual inspiration: the wisdom of favelas and slums. Rather than building a large building with small units, he built flexible half-homes that each family could expand on. It was a complex problem, but with a simple solution — one that he arrived at by working with the families themselves. With a chalkboard and beautiful images of his designs, Aravena walks us through three projects where clever rethinking led to beautiful design with great benefit.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
Find closed captions and translated subtitles in many languages at
Follow TED news on Twitter:
Like TED on Facebook:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Bảo hiểm y tế chi trả cho bệnh nhân chạy thận, ghép thận như thế nào
- Bảo Hiểm Sức Khoẻ Healthcare Và Bảo Hiểm Nhân Thọ – 10 Sai Lầm Chết Người
- LIVESTREAM: Con đầu đẻ mổ – Con thứ có bắt buộc phải đẻ mổ hay không?
- Tổng Đài Tư Vấn Bảo Hiểm Manulife Tuyển Dụng : 098.883.1080 .http://tongdaituvanbaohiemmanulife.com/
- Nên chọn quyền lợi gì khi tham gia bảo hiểm nhân thọ???